Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My plan for the kick off to the holiday season

So, it's almost that time! Time where you're loosening your pants mid dinner, time where you're regretting that second, or maybe third piece of pie the next day. Well, NOT THIS YEAR! I am continuing with my change. Why should I let one day ruin everything! It won't.

In fact, I'm lucky and unlucky in the fact that I have TWO Thanksgiving celebrations to attend. One on Thursday and one on Saturday. On a good note, my weigh in day is Saturday, so I get 2 separate weeks. Yay for 49 points!!

I think the most frustrating thing is that a majority of people say, "Well it's just one day?" Or "Thanksgiving shouldn't count" Well guess what? It does. One day matters. This didn't happen overnight. I didn't gain 100 lbs in 1 short year or overnight. It took about 10-12. 10-12 years in which I was able to partake in EVERY sinful, delicious item placed in front of me for Thanksgiving. NOT THIS YEAR!

There are a couple changes I'm planning to make and they are as follows:

1. Don't eat the items I can eat any other day. I.E. why eat corn when I can have that any day of the week?

2. For one of the celebrations, I am making the sweet potato casserole and the pumpkin pie. These can be some the MOST dangerous items on the table. I've found recipes which lessen the PPV to 5 points and 3 points EACH. I can indulge, but know exactly what I'm eating. Skinny Pumpkin Pie & Better for you Sweet Potatoes

3. Skip the skin and go for all white meat. Usually I have an issue with the part of the turkey that cover the stuffing when you roast it. You know the piece that you have to cut off to scoop out the stuffing and then some stuffing gets stuck to it? OMG, that's a piece of heaven. This year, I'll skip hovering at the carving area- thus skip the skin. I'll load up my plate with the breast and avoid the fatty dark meat. Fill up on my protein!

4. Have a smoothie for breakfast, a smoothie for lunch and take a walk before dinner. As my leader, Angela says, the socializing is part of the fun of the holiday. A walk is a perfect time to get some pre dinner exercise in and also my active link- LOVE my active link will tell me exactly how many points I have burned!

So, here's to my first Thanksgiving where I'm REALLY trying. It's not that I am not going to enjoy, because trust me I am, it's just that I'll feel SO much better when I step on that scale Saturday. Even if I don't lose, I know I didn't gain what I normally would have. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment