Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summersaults and Dance Parties

My first born, Myles- he's 3 (as of December) was a bit hyper a couple weeks ago and we were stuck in the house due to the unfortunate weather climate that is Wisconsin. I decided to show him how to do some gymnastic moves in the living room.

After his hundredth summersault, he asked "Mommy can we do a dance party?" Without hesitating I said, "Yeah, buddy! Let's do it!" 35 minutes later of dance moves from high school and even some leaps and jumps, I was sweating and so was he! It was fantastic. I decided to plug in my Active Link to see what it looked like- 6 points! AWESOME. I earned these points for playing with my son. Mommy/Myles time and I  am now 106% of my daily activity goal (In fact I finished the day at 9 points)

Why this has meaning you ask? 1 year ago, heck 4 years ago, I NEVER would have done this activity. I would have felt self conscience or embarrassed. I would have been "too tired". My son would have suffered for the damage I was doing to myself and my body. All the small changes I've made over the last 7 1/2 months (Did I mention I still have not had ANY fast food i.e. McDonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, Burger King- NADA!)


No comments:

Post a Comment