Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Frustrated, embarrased, but not afraid to start again!

It's been 3.5 years since I hit GOAL with Weight Watchers. Over these years, SO much has changed in my life. My boys are growing like weeds. My oldest is 7.5 and my "baby" is 5! How did THAT happen?

Last year, my husband and I started a company focused on painting and remodeling. We grew so quick and were so busy that by June I was able to leave my full time job and work for US! Which has been AMAZING! This has allowed me the flexibility to take care of our boys and eliminate daycare from our lives.

The challenging part has been trying to stay focused on my mental and physical health. After hitting below goal in March of 2014, I have had a tough time maintaining the weight. It seems like the 150's disappeared quickly and I went into 160's. Over the last 2 years, I've fluctuated there. As soon as I get to 170 I do a quick refresh of WW and get back on plan to get down to 160. But it NEVER lasts.

This summer has been THE MOST challenging time in my health journey. I tried to put the boys into a summer program for 6 weeks. It was from 9 am to 3 pm daily. The problem was DAY 1 my oldest fell, hit his head, and ended up with 2 staples in his head. Fast forward 3 more weeks and he FELL again, this time breaking 2 bones in his wrist and ending up with a cast. Bye Bye summer program, bye bye workout time, health eating, etc.

The past 4 weeks have been a free for all! I spent the last week in Florida with my parents (which was SO fun) eating whenever I felt like it and not really paying attention to WW friendly foods. Against my better judgement this morning, I got on the scale. 185 lbs!! WHAT THE F**K! Not cool. I am NOT OK with this. I PROMISED myself I would never go back, and here I am, inching back to that 200 lb mark. No way, no how!

So here it is, my first blog post of getting back on track. I'm smiling below, because I KNOW I got this, but I need your help. I need you to come along on my journey. Join me, support me, call me out when I fill my plate at the BBQ.

We have a family Christmas in Palm Springs and I plan to wear ALL my goal clothes. So, who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment