Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Making changes- It's the Final Countdown!

Da da da da, da da da da da da ....If you know the song  or if you are an Arrested Development fan (it's GOB's entry music). Hard to sing or illustrate music on a blog.

Wedding is T minus 5 weeks away. I am averaging 1.4 lbs lost per week. This only leaves me 5 weeks. That would = 7 lbs. Making my new total lost 82.2 lbs. I've decided to step it up.

Pretty dress, size 10, cacheI'm not sure if I mentioned but while in Vegas, I bought my dress for the wedding. I bought it a size smaller than I am now. It's a size 10! It was my initial goal to buy a dress from Cache that was a size 10 (I changed it to 8 at one point, but my original goal was a 10). SO, needless to say I have the size 10 hanging in my closet as I type.

So here's how I am going to accomplish this:

1. Scheduling my activity. I've put calendar invites onto my phone for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I never ignore meetings or anything on my calendar, so it makes me motivated to complete them.

2. Set my alarm and MAKE SURE I get up. My alarm goes off at 5:10 am on Tue and Thu. If I don't get up right away, I will snuggle back into my warm bed and sleep for another hour. By making sure I am in bed by 10 pm .This gets me a solid 7 hours of sleep and I have been getting up without too much inner battle. Besides, my mind usually starts racing and I feel guilty if I try to go back to sleep. I also hung my dress where I see it lying in bed and it reminds me "GET OUT OF BED! You have to wear me in a few weeks."

3. Vary My activity. Keep 100% on my Active Link. My goal is 5 points per day. Weekly is 35. I am usually close. My workouts include:

Zumba: My goal is to do 2 - 45 minute sessions a week and then 1- 20 minute session. Sometimes Myles wakes up early and I have to cut my workout short. Sometimes, I just don't feel like doing it, to be honest! I wrap it up and 20 minutes and call that at least I did something day!

Eliptical: I jump on the elliptical when I am having a hard time being motivated. It's also an awesome time to watch shows on my DVR which my husband refuses to watch. Such as Master Chef or Drop Dead Diva. Usually I am into the show and they are about 50 minutes without commercials, so I don't stop until they're over.

Free Weights: Ok, so I am a wimp. I've only been using 5 or 8 lb weights. Again, something is better than nothing. I do side bends, tricep curls, bicep curls, and over the head stuff. My arms aren't getting buff per se, but a little more toned. People keep telling me to do Push Ups. I am not good at those....

4. Sticking to my points. As I've continued to lose weight, what was once easy to eat 35 points a day, has now come to 27 points per day. It doesn't seem like much at 8 points per day, but that is equivalent to almost another meal. Counting every point is crucial. If I "forget" to add something to my daily tracker, I am only hurting myself. I have to remind myself of that....

Making these little changes are all helping me towards getting into this dress. I am working on more Goals- as my dad tells me, "A Goal is just a dream with a timeline." And since he started all of this with his wisdom when I was younger I'll keep listening to him. Thanks, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment