Friday, July 5, 2013

Stay at home/work from home mommy today

Let me preface those of you who stay home every day- you're my freakin hero! My daycare is on vacation this week, so I am left finding creative ways to make sure my kids are being watched.

Yesterday, my awesome sister in law and my brother in law came and spent their day with the kiddos. She cleaned up all the dishes, put away the toys, and even made sure my 3 1/2 year old took a good nap. Overall it was super successful.

However, today I stayed home and attempted to "work from home". Thank goodness, I have an understanding boss who was ok with my 7 am emails and 6 pm phone calls. It made for a challenging day to say the least.

Not only is it challenging watching a 1 year old, 3 1/2 year old and also watching my smartphone for e-mails, I had a difficult time eating today. Breakfast for me is normally a smoothie (2 points and has dairy and protein). Lunch is a salad or light sandwich and I snack on veggies and fruit throughout the day. Breakfast kicked off by making Egg sandwiches. English muffin (3 pts.), Bacon (3 pts.), Egg (2 pts. and a slice of cheese (1 pt.)- So in essence my normally 2 point breakfast had quickly escalated to 9 points! Ugh- that only leaves me 19 points for the day.

Lunch- Egg salad (6 pts.) and reduced fat potato chips (3 pts.) Snack- my son had one of those darn Nutella things- he politely gave me 2 this time. BUT he didn't finish all the hazelnut spread, so of course I had to do that....(3 pts.) There goes another 12 points. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I tried to bring in some strawberries, a bite of banana, and grapes to the equation. So now, dinner....oh dinner. Did I mention between these meals, I was handling a improperly designed website, a cold call blitz and 7 accounts that need to be contacted immediately because one of my reps went to a competitor?

I am not trying to complain, OK so I am, but ARGHH! What a day. So dinner, chipotle black bean burgers (skipping the bun to save points) and  Mexican Rice. Should be a 10 point dinner- over by 3. However, I DO need something sweet- ice cream (2 pts.) or candies (1 pt.) Let's go with candy. End of day total- 33 points- over by 5. At least I mentioned to get 25 minutes of Zumba in while the kids napped- Did I not mention that? Yeah, I'm awesome. LOL!

Oh and a quick update- my son decided to throw up all of his dinner. That was pretty great, too!

Again, if you're a SAHM- God Bless You! I love my kids and I love my job, I DO NOT love them on the same day and the same time. Thanks for letting me vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment