Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A day in my life

When I realized I needed to do something about my weight and I wrote how it all happened I would have ever guessed I'd be here 13 months later and still battling. Every day I work on integrating the little changes into my lifestyle which will help me be an overall healthy, happy mommy.

This weekend I will be competing in the Warrior Dash and my schedule is so hectic right now. The positive for competing in this event is that it has kept me busy. In looking at my day I cannot comprehend how I do this each and every day....Here's a look at my daily routine (when my husband is out of town).

4:45 am: Wake up
4:50-6:00 am: Work out at home (Zumba, Elliptical, Just Dance, etc.)
6:00 am: Shower, get dressed, do hair, and makeup
6:30 am: Myles walks into the room ( make sure he goes potty, get out his clothes, get him dressed, put on Disney)
6:45 am: Get Joel out of crib. Get dressed and take to kitchen. Turn on Disney give cereal and milk to boys.
6:50 am: Make lunch, put away dishes, do dishes from night before, etc.
7:05 am: OUT the door, any later and I am late for work!
7:40 am: Drop off boys at Daycare
8:00 am: Arrive to work
8-5 pm: Too much to account for during the day, but usually 3-4 meetings/appts. & lunch at my desk
5:00 pm: Leave work
5:30 pm: Pick up kiddos
6:05 pm: Arrive Home
6:10 pm: Cook Dinner! May take 20-30 minutes, can be prepped as fast as 4 minutes; last night I made ham/cheese tortilla roll ups, carrots & ranch, and 1/2 banana each! Voila- 4 min dinner :-)
6:45 pm: BATH Time. Usually I can bathe both boys at the same time, but lately we are having some new issues with pee pee discovery from Joel and Myles- Great! Just what I needed! Also, an argument ensues if I put Joel into the bath before Myles....
7:00 pm: Joel Bed Time- sing Three Little Birds
7:05 pm: Myles gets ONE TV show- Caillou or Special Agent Oso usually (I sometimes jump onto the elliptical here if I went out to lunch that day)
7:35 pm: 2 stories (Monster's University and Cory the Combine- ALWAYS those 2 stories) then about a million kisses.
8:00 pm: Laundry, cleaning, etc. Maybe some TV time.
9:30 pm: Go to Bed

Next day, wake up and do it all over again! Thankfully, my hubby isn't gone all the time. It's a rough week. It's been a tough month. With Wedding date looming and the dress hanging on my closet door I don't have time to be tired. I actually feel like I have MORE energy lately. Is that weird?

It fits- size 10 cache dress
IT FITS!!
Again, 13 months ago this schedule would have been not only unlikely for me, but impossible! Making little changes and setting goals is helping me. It's still not easy, every day is a battle, but I am getting better. And happier, too :-) Oh and look what I put on this morning....totally WORTH IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment