Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Turtle Sundae Makeover - little changes!

Turtle Sundae, 27 points, lots of fatSomeone asked me today, "What do you miss eating most now that you've changed your lifestyle?" That question definitely got me thinking. My eating habits have changed drastically in the last 13 months. Pretty much everything I knew then, doesn't apply to what I know now. I think the best things about my new lifestyle, thanks to Weight Watchers (and no they don't pay me to say this) is that I can still eat ANYTHING. You heard me, anything! It's all about what I want to sacrifice or if I want to work harder to have it.

Sweets are where it's at for me. They are my weakness. Not necessarily sugary sweet, like nerds or sprees, but chocolaty sweets! Even better chocolate and salty sweets. A turtle sundae was pretty much a weekly occurrence before I changed my lifestyle. A Culver's Turtle Sundae has a whopping 60 grams of Fat, 98 Carbs, and 900 calories. It's 27 points on the Weight Watchers plan. To put it in perspective, I get 27 points per day. So to eat this one Turtle Sundae, I would use ALL of my points for the day. Probably not going to be a wise choice. Looking back, it's not surprising how I gained my weight.

Since makeover shows are such a success and it's a trendy thing to do. I've discovered a variety of ways to makeover my favorite foods to be more figure friendly. Since these sundaes are something I have been missing, I found a way to make and enjoy this delicious treat for a lot less points. It's still a mini splurge, but it can easily be accounted for and not considered a "slip up"!

Here's Michelle's Turtle Sundae:

1/2 cup Breyers No Sugar Added Ice Cream (2 pts)
2 T. Hershey's Lite Syrup (1 pt)
1 T. Caramel (1 pt)
1 T. Chopped Pecans (1 pt)
2 T. Redi Whip (FREE)

Total Points: 5
Difference in 22 POINTS!

It's a small sundae, but it gives me the satisfaction of what I am craving. In addition, if I do my workout, I can trade out those points and still keep my remaining daily points. It's awesome! Making little changes will help me to achieve my goals.

For my next makeover I'll tackle a BIG, JUICY, Cheeseburger. That's another one I really miss. I've been working on some delicious alternatives. Keep an eye out for that share!

To update you all, the wedding is exactly 2 weeks away, I am 81.2 lbs lighter and only 19.4 lbs away from my Goal weight! Woo Hoo!! AND I bought my first pair of Size 10 capris in 15 years!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration, Michelle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carolyn!! You're pretty incredible yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete