Monday, August 19, 2013

VACATION Time!!!!

Well it's here. The time has arrived. In just 36 short hours, I will be on my way to Chicago to catch a place to Portland, OR- my hometown. Let me tell you, I am THRILLED! All my hard work has definitely paid off. I made sure not to slack on my workouts and my diet has been REALLY good these last few weeks. These things have put me solidly into my Size 10 Cache dress! Even better, I am actually excited to wear it!

After my weigh in this weekend, I lost another 3.4 lbs and my new weigh loss total is 84.4 lbs! Woo hoo! It's completely surreal. A fellow weight watcher friend today even asked me if I was close to my goal weight. I had to stop and think because until now, my only goal was to wear that dress for the wedding. So, now what am I going to do?

Realistically I don't know how much more weight I will lose. I am 166.2 lbs. I am comfortably wearing a size 10 Dress, slacks, and Medium shirts. Even my workout clothing is size medium. Will I ever be a small or in essence, COULD I be a small or SHOULD I be a small? In my mind, I just want to keep doing what I am doing healthfully until I stop losing weight. My healthy weight from my doctor is 160, but if you look at
"standards" of weight, then I should weigh between 120-159 depending on my frame. If I got to 120, I think I'd look like a skeleton.

Overall, I am so thrilled with the progress and so happy with how I feel. My knees don't hurt. My back doesn't hurt. I don't have to take Blood Pressure Medication. I also don't have heartburn everyday, in fact haven't had it for months now! The sheer health reasons of my weight loss are solid enough, but the way I FEEL about myself, now that's the true reward.

I only wish I would have started this journey sooner. Even looking back over the last 14 months, I wish I would have started working out sooner. Maybe I'd be down another 10-15 lbs? BUT I cannot dwell on that. My new lifestyle allows me to eat healthfully, but also have the occasional splurge.

Pictures to come from the wedding. Watch our Oregon, here I come!
Beautiful night time view of Portland
My beautiful hometown....

No comments:

Post a Comment