Friday, August 30, 2013

Vacay a success- well mostly.

wedding 2013
My boys and me
I would say vacation was mostly a success. When I say mostly that's because we had to battle sickness along the way. My oldest son got a quick 24 hour bug the day before we were supposed to leave, my husband got sick the day of the wedding, I got sick the day after the wedding, and BACK to my oldest sick on our last day of vacation. However, all the time spent with my amazing family was great. All my hard work over the last 13 months had paid off, I felt good too!

Seeing people I have not been in contact for almost 15 years was different to say the least. To them, I had never changed. I looked pretty much the same as I did when I was 18 years old. Little did they know I have gone to hell and back battling weight loss and gain. 85 lbs later, I felt good. My dress fit. It was a little tight (I never had a chance to buy Spanx, darn it!) I received multiple compliments and it felt REALLY good.

My aunt and uncle hosted a barbecue the day after the wedding and I didn't do as well as I had hoped. Especially because I didn't feel well it made it a lot easier to justify my poor eating choices. I also had a hard time tracking while on vacation. I was still very much aware of what I was putting into my mouth, but there were so many delicious dishes!

My Fast food ban has now been broken. I had my FIRST fast food in 13 months. Burgerville has my favorite plain old cheeseburger in the whole wide world. They are only located in the Pacific Northwest and the food is fresh and delicious. They have a special sauce which I can only conclude is a mix of 1,000 island and mustard? It's just plain AWESOME! You can even buy it in a jar. SO, this was my first fast food in a long time. My husband ordered me 2 cheeseburgers and a regular fry. If I would have eaten everything, it would have been 27 points. I was completely satisfied with 1 cheeseburger and 1/2 the fries. Making my new total 14 points! Totally worth the splurge :-) That's what it was, a splurge. Since coming home I have not fallen off the wagon and made runs to McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. I still want to steer clear from that as much as I can.

So you ask, "Now the wedding is over, is my hard work done?" NOT EVEN CLOSE! I feel so great and I want to keep going. I want to get to a point where I can just be in maintenance mode. If that means 10 lbs, 15 lbs, 20 lbs? I don't know. I just want to go until my body tells me to stop. This new lifestyle just feels awesome. Have a wonderful long weekend- we'll be witnessing the Harley 110th Anniversary here in Milwaukee! Do you have any fun plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment