Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Set Goals and look at them every day!

When I began my journey, I made a list. It was a list of Goals. Goals  meant to be followed weekly. I started each week following one particular goal and once I felt confident I had securely "mastered" that goal, I moved onto the next. There were 4 goals on the list. It was as follows:

1. No more FAST FOOD.
2. Do not eat PAST 8 pm. 
3. Work out 3 x per week.
4. Eat Fish/Seafood 2 x per week

These goals compounded on top of one another and I put a check mark next to the goal at the end of each week as I completed them. I found I enjoyed putting the check marks next to them. It gave me a sense of accomplishment in a journey where in the beginning so few things gave me satisfaction. 

The flimsy sheet of paper resides on my fridge and will remain there until my journey ends. There are 12 check marks next to goal #1. There are 11 check marks next to goal #2. There are only 3 check marks next to goal #3 and there are 7 check marks next to goal #4. No too shabby if I say so myself.

My goal for this week is to come up with a couple more goals. I am still amazed that I haven't had a bit of fast food since July 13th. That means no McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's, nothing. The only thing I do eat considered "fast food" is Subway, Cousin's and Jimmy John's. However, those are all able to be pointed and accounted for. Turkey subs and sometimes bacon! But never full fat mayo! Are you aware that mayo can account for as much as 21 grams of FAT on a sub sandwich? 21 GRAMS of FAT?? WTF? Ouch! I traded the Avocado spread and added just a mere 1 gram of fat and it was just as tasty! Little changes....

In summation for today, set goals. Keep yourself accountable. I've held myself accountable by looking at my goals on my fridge each and every day. Oh and I also put a mantra on my goal sheet, it says;
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."   until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment