Monday, September 17, 2012

Weights, a Tire, and a Brewer's Game!

My husband helped me understand something yesterday. Let me take a step back. I KNOW I am doing well. I am putting in the work. I am watching every little bite I put into my mouth. I am making the right choices. But it's still really HARD! (sounding like my 2.5 year old, whining!) Ok, now that I got that out. For the good news.... at my weigh in on Saturday, I lost another 2 lbs. bringing my total to a whopping 20.6 lbs!

Don't get me wrong, I know I should be excited. I am aware of this. But when you're staring down an additional 75 lbs to lose it can seem overwhelming. I'm just being honest. I consider myself to be an extremely positive person for the most part, but I have bad days too. This weekend was a bit of a challenge for me mentally. I have 2 kids under the age of 3, I work 40+ hours a week, I fight with my husband, I don't have enough hours in the day to work out (alright so I do, but I need SOME time in front of the boob tube to relax). It just gets to be a lot. Remembering I am eating an elephant can take it's toll.

So my amazing husband (yes, today he is amazing- ask me again tomorrow and he might be an ass, LOL) saw my frustration yesterday. He ran downstairs and he brought up three hand weights. 2 - 8 lb weights and 1 - 4 lb. and he said "Hold these." As I held them, I realized how massive & heavy they felt in my hands. It was A LOT of extra weight. I was carrying these extra 20 lbs just 11 short weeks ago. WOW! I'd made a significant change in my body! I should be proud of that and remember it's a journey.                                                    

So, I was looking online and I noticed a variety of people have blogged on this topic, but in losing 20 lbs. items that weigh 20 lbs are: a tire, a karaoke machine and a large Tuna. I know every pound I lose is helping my body to function better. My knees feel better, my overall aches and pains seem to be getting better and my energy level is slowly raising. So, I've lost a tire! 4 more tires to go!


In addition to losing these 20 lbs and my body feeling better, I am finding myself "getting out there more". I took my son, Myles to a Brewer's game by myself yesterday. Normally, I wouldn't have taken this on by myself. I would have thought I needed my husband there in case he needed to carry Myles if he got tired. I didn't stress out and panic about the walk, carrying him around. I knew I could do it. Check out this picture. He had a blast! How could you say no to this adorable little person? I'm doing this for him and for my other blessing, Joel. They are my everything. So, 20 lbs. A tire. It's just the start of a long journey. I'm ready. Bring it on! Are you making any changes? If you want to share with me, I'd love to hear about them.




No comments:

Post a Comment