Thursday, January 9, 2014

What if I can't do that yet?

I am 2 weeks into T25, it's literally kicking my butt! I can feel the pain, people! Good news is, I already see a difference. My plan is to post after 5 weeks, so you can see it too.

Something I've been wanting to write about was deemed necessary when I ran into someone at work who had also purchased the workout. I was going on and on about how much I loved it, when she told me...She hated it! I was surprised. It got me thinking why it may just not be the right fit for her.

She's in the early stages of her fitness journey and may not have been prepared for the kind of exercise it offers. It reminded after we finished the first routine and my husband asked me is there was some sort of pre-requisite before starting T25? He is doing the program with me and he was dying.

Don't get me wrong, it's extremely hard. BUT I am struggling through- mostly using the modifiers when I have to. Even those moves can be difficult. So, how did I do it? How did I get to the point in my journey when I wanted to tackle this challenge. Let's list what I've done in general over the last 1 and a 1/2 years.

#1. I completely stopped eating fast food. I haven't had it since July 2012.

#2. I cut WAY back on alcohol. Maybe 1-2 drinks per month.

#3. I don't eat past 8 pm. EVER- OK, rarely :-)

#4. I have not stepped foot in a gym. My workouts are ALL done at home(with the exception of 1-9 round excursion).
Work out progression:
25-30 min of  Wii Zumba 2-3 days per week
35-45 min of Wii Zumba or Wii Just Dance 3 days per week
45 min of Zumba or Just Dance 4-5 days per week
45 min of Zumba or Just Dance 3 times per week, Elliptical 2 times per week = 5 times per week
Now: T25 5 days per week- follow each workout with 20-25 min of Just Dance or Zumba

#5. I get up early to do it. In bed by 9:45, up by 5 or 5:15 am

#6. My day for eating go as follows:
6:45: Smoothie (most mornings)
10:00: Popcorn snack
Noon: Lunch (brought from home or something sensible if outside office)
3 pm: Fruit snack (apple, grapes, kiwi, strawberries, etc.)
6:30 or 7:00 pm- Dinner (again at home)
7:50 pm: FINAL treat (piece of chocolate)

Remember- It's taking it one meal at a time. Don't ever blow off a whole day because you ate too much at breakfast. Every minute counts. :-) My first 80 lbs came off with eating alone, exercise came later, so make eating your #1 priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment