Monday, February 10, 2014

My version of my fav- Pasta Fresca

There have been some awesome developments with my journey, but also with work I've been too crazy to share. That being said, I do not have time to write and share all the fantastic news right now, coming later today or tomorrow! I did want to share my new favorite at home make over recipe....

Noodles and Co Pasta Fresca copycat
PASTA FRESCA = PASTA DELICIOUS!

First things first, here is the AWESOME Pasta Fresca recipe. It's a copycat of Noodles and Company, but I'm more inclined to make this at home as it's only 9 points. Add some grilled chicken and voila, only 11 points! AND you made it at home. Much cleaner (less preservatives and such) and much more delicious. Noodles and Co. regular version is 17.



Past Fresca Recipe:

Ingredients

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 cups pre-cooked penne pasta
1/4 cup cubed roma tomato
1 tablespoon diced red onion
2 dashes kosher salt, and
cracked pepper
1 ounce baby fresh spinach
1/4 cup fresh garlic

Fresca Sauce:
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. sweet white wine
2 T. extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Sauté Instructions:
In a very hot sauté pan, add: extra virgin olive oil, pre-cooked penne, roma tomatoes, diced red onions, kosher salt & cracked pepper.
Sear noodles, stirring occasionally until steaming hot.
Add: baby fresh spinach, fresca sauce.

Toss to combine, serve with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment