Thursday, March 6, 2014

I had stopped trying

I realized the other day while I was in the shower shaving my legs, my life and overall being is in a much different place than it was 20 months ago. The reason I thought this was the fact I was shaving my legs and it was SO much easier to do! No grunting or hard work, just easy peezy!

It sounds silly, but something like that is a pretty big deal. Not only was it easier to actually shave my legs, I was DOING it! I had pretty much stopped caring about those maintenance and upkeep items of my life over the last year and a half. The upkeep of ME didn't exist! Shaving, having my hair done, putting on lotion, brushing my hair at night. Little things I had always done as part of my beauty regime, but had stopped because I no longer felt good about myself. Why bother, right?

In thinking back, not only did I give up on my diet and exercise and my beauty routine (because let's face it, I never liked looking in the mirror) I had given up on everything. My clothing consisted of XXL comfy pants and XL t-shirts. My "going out" clothes were a pair of jeans and a sweater. For work, I wore the same 3 pairs of pants because I didn't want to buy anything larger.

I never took much time on my hair. I wore it in a bun a lot of the time. My makeup was very minimal and I just used plain soap and no moisturizer. Again, why did it matter? I didn't feel pretty. I didn't feel desirable. Why should I even try?

NOW- I notice I am taking much better care of myself. My whole self. Working out, eating healthy, SHAVING my legs....Even making sure to moisturize my face and body (I have all this extra skin that needs tightening- it is our biggest organ, right?) Flossing my teeth and working on a cleaner, brighter smile :-) I also LOVE shopping again. The only problem is now I have to actually decide which looks the cutest, because overall things look pretty good. Hope that doesn't sound conceited...All of these things I had stopped doing- Why? If anything I made myself feel WORSE because I wasn't taking care of Me!

I am now. I am still a mom. 100% . All the time. My youngest has pneumonia and I took 2 days off work to make sure he had tons of snuggles and felt better. I made sure to continue my smart eating and my workouts. A little lesson- don't have crap food around the house and when you feel like snacking- YOU CAN'T. HAHA!

Week 10 of T25 is almost over- I've not taken final measurements or pictures, but I will on Sunday. That was 10 weeks of hard work. I feel incredible though! Weigh in at Weight Watchers Saturday and hoping to be back to my Goal of 150 and MAINTAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment