Tuesday, October 15, 2013

No way! Little changes = 1 Major Victory

Looking through our basement this weekend led me to a box of clothing that hasn't fit me for quite some time. It's "that" box of clothes from my high school days. My Cheer leading uniform, Letterman's jacket, my Sophomore year homecoming dress, my Junior and Senior Prom dresses and ALL the Bridesmaid dresses from over the last 15 years. It was all the stuff I was saving for if I ever had a girl. Great dress up stuff!

The most influential piece I found was my favorite dress from my Freshman year of college. My first ever sorority formal function. It was 1996 and it was the "Jingle Ball".  I looked smokin' hot and I felt a sense of confidence at that age, I have yet to replicate, until now. You see, then I was 17 years old and 125 lbs. The dress made me feel special. In turn, this dress has been the drive for inspiration many times in my life.

I remember showing the photo to my husband and him saying "WOW! Look how small you were." It hurt to hear, but he was right. When I met him, I was never under 175 lbs. The majority of that time I was over 200 lbs and not really feeling so great about myself.

But, this photo of me in this dress represented where I wanted to be in essence, who I wanted to be. Year after year I would see this picture in my photo album and feel sad. Why? I never EVER thought I would/could be that small again. Well.... GUESS what? I found that dress last night and decided to try it on. Result- It fits! I may have some new curves, but the dress still looks good! Maybe I should try on my cheer leading uniform next? Halloween is coming up....

Silver mini college dress
My Victory comes in a silver skinny dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment