Friday, April 18, 2014

Honored and Excited! Can I be a success story???

This week I submitted my story to Weight Watchers as a possible Success Story. I'm hoping I am chosen to represent my amazing leader :-) Here's my application!

My Story:


250 lbs
After having my second child I found myself more overwhelmed, overworked, and more tired than I've ever been in my entire life. In July 2013, I’d had enough and I decided, "I'm going to lose 100 lbs!" I knew Weight Watchers worked and had tried it with success in the past. Prior to that, I’d tried pretty much everything; personal trainers, diet pills, Adipax (phentermine), working out, low carb, you name it, I tried it. I would just yo-yo up and down.  

I had sizes 12, 14, 16, 18, and even 20 in my closet at any given time. Not only was it frustrating to fluctuate like that, I knew it wasn’t good for my body. At 250 lbs I had heartburn every day. My back hurt, my knees hurt, and I would become winded walking up 1 flight of stairs. I had an active 2 ½ year old who wanted me to play outside. I had a newborn that needed me. Mommy was always “too tired”. I was miserable.

Starting weight watchers I made sure I did everything the way it was suggested. I made weekly goals. As each week passed I made that goal a part of my new lifestyle. 5 weeks in, I had a new set of guidelines which were attributing to my healthier life. I attended meetings regularly, I used my phone to track my meals, and when we went out to eat, I made sure to add up points. It was not easy at first, but the weight started coming off and I was so excited I wanted to keep going.

There were so many excuses I could make for not losing the weight. I work full time.  I have two kids, one a newborn. We’ve gone through sickness and stitches, sleepless nights, and every holiday meal. I hated exercise. Though active in high school athletics, it had been years since I really “worked out”. I thought I had to go to a gym and life weights.

150 lbs
After I had lost about 40 lbs, I felt so much better. I had a Wii, so I purchased Zumba and Just Dance. I alternated those work outs in my living room. Completing just 25 minutes of Zumba and 25 minutes of Just Dance the first week was easy. The second week, I did 2 zumba classes. The following month, I was working out 3-4 times per week. With my eating following Weight Watchers and my workouts, I found the losses steady each week.

If I had a craving, I found a way to satisfy the craving either by recreating it in a more healthful way or using my weekly points to splurge. In the 20 months it took me to lose the weight, I never felt deprived. That’s why it worked for me. Recently, I completed a 10 week workout program that included 60 workouts, resting only on Saturdays. That’s not something I EVER would have done before.


My life is completely different than it was before. My husband and I are happier, I play with my kids outside, and I have even been complimented for my positive outlook at work. Things are incredible! I am very happy. 

Photos I submitted are above.

My stat sheet from WW: Join Date, Goal Date, Lifetime Date (hoping tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment